Spark New Zealand Limited is a New Zealand telecommunications company providing fixed-line telephone services, a mobile phone network, internet access services, and ICT services to businesses. It was known as Telecom New Zealand until it was rebranded with its current name in 2014.
Call Centre Hours
Spark’s call centre is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Phone Number: 0800 110 062
Spark offers ADSL, VDSL, Fibre and Wireless broadband in New Zealand.
Spark Broadband Speed Test
Spark suggests users to use the Speedtest.net application or the Speedtest.net website when checking their broadband speed.
The following speeds are typical for the different types of Spark broadband plans:
- FibreMAX*: 860Mbps for downloading and 501Mbps for uploading.
- Fibre 100: 102Mbps for downloading and 22Mbps for uploading.
- Fibre50: 50Mbps for downloading and 10Mbps for uploading.
- 4G Wireless: 27Mbps for downloading and 15Mbps for uploading.
- VDSL: 43Mbps for downloading and 13Mbps for uploading.
- ADSL: 8.5Mbps for downloading and 0.8 for uploading.
Information from Spark’s website: Solve broadband speed issues